What's your relationship like with your SS/SD's mom?

What's your relationship like with your husband's, kid(s) mother (HIS EX)?
We have a pretty good relationship. It wasn't always that way but we do converse and hang out once in a blue moon. If you have a good relationship, how did it come to be that way? And if you don't have a good relationship, why is it that way?

SweetSmeek

Asked by SweetSmeek at 1:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• i have a great relationship with her...due that my husband and her do not get along and can not see each other i am the one to do the pick up and drop off and info her on what goes on here when her daughter is in our home...it works best for are family this way...when she and him had contact they use to fight yell go crazy in front of my stepdaughter and im sorry but i love that baby too much to have her see unneeded drama...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• NO- i don't have a good relationship with my SS's Mom b/c i raised both of them- We lived in NC & she was in TX; for the first few years i tried really hard to keep her up to date what was going on in their life- She was never interested, she would only call them at the most 3 times a year- I finally went off on her oneday & asked her how she could do that to them- that needed to know she loved them; i asked her just to drop a card or note in the mail & she could call them collect- She told me i didn't have any right to say those things to her & hung up on me! after that, i was done- My SS's are 26 & 20 now; whatever is going on with them Good or Bad- they always come to Me so, i guess i did something right!LOL
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• She has never said a nice word to me, spreads rumors and is generally a bitch. I act nice, feel compassion, and hope for the best.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Right now there is no relationship at all.Their son is grown and living in another state and we have no reason to have any contact with her at all.
    But there was a time she was rotten.Caused a lot of trouble...about ruined my husband and his son's relationship.She's just a miserable person.There was just no reason for her to be that way,she just took a major dislike to me.I guess because she was convinced that she was going to get him back,and also when her son was little,he absolutely adored me and she was really jealous about that.Guess I can kind of understand that,but still,she was wicked! She lives in the same town we do and I never see her or run into her anywhere,which is fine with me,but pretty amazing.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 7:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010