Is it tacky to take your baby TOT when they are less than a year old?

I took my 6 month old TOT. It was more for the fun of it. I always took my little cousins and since I was taking them, I dressed baby and took her pumpkin basket with us. I never even thought about it until we got to a home and the lady that answered the door she said "Isn't she too young to eat candy." I felt bad and skipped a couple of houses but then decided hey I dressed up dressed up my daughte (in a ballerina girrafe costume) and I shouldn't feel bad. Was I right what are your thoughts?

ednaamelia

Asked by ednaamelia at 1:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Holidays

• I don't get this were you suppose to leave her at home? The fun of TOT is to take the whole family even if they are too young to eat candy. Some ppl just say odd things. If she was asking if she could give her some or not I understand that but should you have gotten a babysitter? TOT is for fun. I think you did what everyone else does!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• As long as you werent collecting candy too.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• no way its fun and in florida the outlets do an activity for younger kids to go to the stores to get candy from around 3pm to 6pm...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If you're taking older kids, I don't see a problem... I actually enjoy seeing the babies dressed up... and hey, 6 months is old enough to lick a lollipop if you're holding it!
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would have done it at a get together or a party of some sort. It's just me, and what I'm comfortable with, I would feel wierd taking my baby trick or treating. But they love it now!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• um no my son was bornaug 2006 he was my 1st. i dressed him up as pumpkin. they make coustumes for that age for a reason and i took him to a few houses i didnt want him to miss out and i took lots of pics
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 1:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• personally I think it is too young
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nope. My son will be 5 months old, and he will be TOT with us, and our 4 yo DD. I can't way to show off his costume.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Not at all.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I took my little ones because I had to take my older son. I didn't give them the candy, I ATE IT!! It's fun!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010