Growth Spurt questions for Formula feeding Moms..

When you LO is going through a growth spurt, do you increase the amount you give him at every feeding or increase the amount of feedings through out the day?

Lisa.Price

Asked by Lisa.Price at 1:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I only added more formula when what he was getting wasn't enough. I only gave it sooner if he seemed hungrier sooner.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• BradenisMySon- Don't you BF?
    Lisa.Price

Comment by Lisa.Price (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• you see a lot of liars and trolls on this website....anyway just feed them til they're satisfied. don't worry about how much or how often. they know when they are hungry
    Anonymous

• Hahaha...my son is 14. I did nurse for the first month, then, I quit because I was WAY undereducated on the subject. He had formula from then on. I only know all about BFing because I researched, studied and asked a lot of questions.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I NEVER said I BF'd the whole time ANON, I also am not a troll. I know full well that I formula fed. He had ProSoBee and knowing what I know now, I wouldn't ever stop BFing and certainly wouldn't give my kid Soy formula.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Thanks annonymos.. I guess i need to explain some more lol. My son has very bad acid reflux so we can't just "feed him as much as he wants" per say because he will eat until tomorrow!
    Lisa.Price

Comment by Lisa.Price (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I always heard that for reflux, you feed a little less, but, more frequently.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Anon, if you would read braidenismysons posts thoroughly before attacking her she has stated MANY times that she failed at bf with her son and formula fed and has educated herself since and plans to fully bf her next. Is it that hard to comprehend?

Back to the question: When my son was having growth sputrs he wanted to eat more frequently, so i just fed him when he asked. He didnt usually bump the ounce amount though, just the frequency.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Aawww, someone voted me down..Who could that have been? Could it have been the coward behind the anon button?? Im thinking so!!! Well, since you have nothing better to do go ahead and vote this one down too!!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• you're a troll because of your irrational and illogical views on naturally inducing labor. admit it, if you had it your way babies would stay in there until the woman is 11 months pregnant and the baby is 13 lbs
    Anonymous