I'm sure this topic has been discussed, but I havent been on here in a while so I'm curious.

How do you feel about the building of a Mosque near Ground Zero?

Personally, I don't believe it's right. I feel it's insulting and a slap in the face to those who were affected by the tragic 911 events. And just because I feel this way does not mean I believe all Muslims are terrorists and yes, Muslims should have the right to worship where-ever they please, but does it have to be at one of the sights where we were attacked by Muslim terrorists? Especially since we are still licking our wounds from this event?

Please keep the debate healthy and informative, no need for harsh comments and bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree. I think it IS a disrespect. How is having a Muslim worship place towering over the site not disrespectful. There are tons of mosques all over NY... why not build it somewhere else...just out of respect.... (go ahead and thumbs me down all you want, this is just my opinion.)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• easy answer

That's how everyone feels. Knock yourself out.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Drama starter. And ANON no less...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have no problem with it. I don't see how it's insulting to anyone for a non-related group of Muslims to build a mosque 2 blocks away from where some extremists hijacked a religion and airplanes to inflict damage.  Makes no sense to me.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 2:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Heh heh. good anser, lovinangels.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Oh please, let's not start this again. please.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2010