For those of us with unexplained infertility? adult content

We were told 9 years ago that we have unexplanied infertility....no pregnancies, after a few years so we went through the adoption process and were elated to be able to become parents not once, but twice in only a year and a half!
Just this spring, after 7 more years of having unprotected sex, we were shocked to find out that I was pregnant! Unfortunately, after just a few months, I m/c. We have been given the 'go ahead' since beginning my first cycle following my D & C but wondering who else out there has 'unexplained infertility' and how long it has taken you to acheieve a pregnancy? We were 9 years for our first pregnancy but trusting that this time, it won't take so long. Any testimonials would be appreciated! We are now in month 4 of TTC.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 2:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i for sure know the feeling hun...i was married 3 years and tried the whole time :( all the docs could say was it was UNEXPLAINED ..i hate that word. We finally were put on clomied (not sure on spelling lol) to help mature eggs while ovulating and after 2 months we were prego!! he also gave a progesterone suppositories to help make sure of no MC ...my son is now 2 1/2 and i just found out im prego which is awesome because we didnt need a doc this time....goodluck ! i know how it is to have no control over something u want so bad
    Tasha T.

Answer by Tasha T. at 4:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Are you sure you haven't been pregnant and not known, MC very early? That is what happened to me. Are you charting your temps? On any meds? What are you doing to TTC. After 9 years I would guess you run the whole gammit.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I may have been but I never knew it I was. Both of us had testing....found no unusual findings....Hubby has a lower sperm count but his count is still in the mid-range so not drastically low. I am charting but maybe I need a new BBT? I changed the battery but my temps are always in the 96-97 F range and one person mentioned to me that this seems TOO low. We aren't taking any extreme measures to get pregnant again....just charting my BBT's, cervical mucus, OPK's and timing intercourse every other day (as advised by our doctor) up to and just after "O" is assumed to have taken place.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Does Clomid increase the chances of multiples?
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I wish you the best of luck :). My aunt and her husband went through that and eventually had a child 10 years after their marriage.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• yes, clomid will increase your chances of multiples

I had to do the progesterone because the 2nd phase of my cycle was too short and implantation couldn't happen before my cycle would start. That seemed to help a bit, but I would still mc. My Dr told me to take one baby asprin a day, something about my blood clotting in the Ucord..... I did and now I do have to great girls, so for me that did the trick!
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2010