What do you do when............

Everyone in your house has too many clothes that they don't even fit in their drawers and the closets are full?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would donate the clothes that you haven't worn in the past 2 years and the clothes that don't fit anymore. I recently did my closets over and did this same thing. I had like 5 bags of clothes I took to Goodwill.
    SweetSmeek

Answer by SweetSmeek at 2:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• This is my house!!! I just went through my son's clothes. I got rid of a ton of T shirts just so everything can fit. The problem is, my son wears the same T shirts for years. I could give away bags and bags of clothes and their drawers would still be overflowing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We go through our clothes twice a year at the beginning of summer and winter and pack bags of old or wore out clothes. I prefer to give them to someone we know who can use them, like a younger neighbor or friend, but will put them into good will. We also get clothes from a neighbor who is a size larger, great too, she is an only child and has nice stuff to pass onto my daughter. With 3 kids it really helps! So I like to pass our stuff onto someone else who can use it.
    Emymom5

Answer by Emymom5 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I am having this problem right now. This weekend I'm going through everyones clothes and I will give the kids clothes to one of the younger nephews and then our clothes either to my aunt or donate them to the womens shelter and a non-profit place. I do it a few times a year.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• we donate them to the back door boutique. were they are give to soldiers and their families
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 2:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• have a yard sale or sell on craigslist
    tiredofthis60

Answer by tiredofthis60 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I seperate what my moms co-worker can wear shes about my size so if things are in good condition i send them her way....i donate some...and the kids clothes i take to a second hand store and trade out for clothes in sizes my kids are in now!! Its a great little system!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Donate!
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• time to donate or have a yard sale
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 5:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• weed out the ones that haven't been worn for 2 years or don't fit anymore and give them to goodwill or salvation army -
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2010