DH and SIL not on speaking terms.

So my husband and his SIL haven't talked in over 2 years. She has some issues that I'd rather not go into but let's just say she lied about having colon cancer among other things. (It's a fact that she lied). She hasn't seen our daughter yet and whenever we want to spend time with her kids, there's always an excuse. The family is stressed about her antics but what do you suppose I do about this? Should I intervene or should I just let it go?

SweetSmeek

Asked by SweetSmeek at 2:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Since its not technically your family...i would leave that up to your hubby!! let it go until he's ready...pushing the issue could cause a bigger problem than what its worth! GL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Does he want you to reach out to her? Or would your DH consider you to be putting your nose in? Is this his brother's wife? If so what is up with the brother? I tend to steer clear of people who don't want to spend time with me. I dont see any reason to force interaction with somebody that unstable.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• let it go and move on...she will come around when she is ready to admit her faults...your DH should be the one to reach out if that is what he wishes to do.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2010