My period is three days late. Too early to test?

I've only recently started have a regular period so I'm not all weirded out by being late a few days, but I'm having some REALLY bad stomach aches and pains in my sides and I don't feel like eating at all. Not to mention I'm exhausted, but I can sleep because my stomach wont stop hurting. I never got period cramps before, so this is new. And for the last few months my period has been - pardon the pun - "spot on" every 31 days ever since I got off birth control sometime in june/july-ish.

Anyway, pregnancy tests are expensive and I don't want to waste it on nothing. Three days late - should I being peeing on something or just outright make a docs appointment for a blood test or should I go buy some midol and sit on it for a few more days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• u should make sure ur not pregnant b4 getting midol. You can go to a pregnancy clinic and its free to get a test done there. but its not too early for u to test. they have the b4 ur missed period tests now a days.. good luck
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• The other day I saw pregnancy kit's at the 99 cents store. LoL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i mean if you cant wait get it from there. Get 3 or more of them just to make sure they all read the same. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It's not too early to test. Buy a 3-pack so you can test again in a few days if it's negative but your periods still a no-show. And, like chrstny88 said, don't take anything but tylenol until you know for sure you aren't pregnant.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:55 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• 5 days before test are all over the pharmacies. The best one is in the blue box.It has the highest concentration of testing, on step below what they use in clincs. Good Luck whatever you decide to do. It is your body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2008