How many times...

have you locked your keys in the car?

Please tell me that someone else does this!!! I can't be the only dork on the planet!

hootie826

Asked by hootie826 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There is nothing wrong with locking your keys in your car. What's bad, is having a dad who's a locksmith, and locking your keys in your car - multiple times! Yep, that's me. I bet I did it 5 times before he found my insurance card, and 5 times after - the difference was after he charged me, because my insurance reimbursed me! Now...it'll never happen again as long as have my current car - it has the push-button pad to unlock it! I still use my key, but just in case I ever do it I can call DH for the unlock code (I can't remember it for anything!). Really funny thing is, my dad, the locksmith, hides a key on his own vehicles, for just-in-case! (and no, I'm not sharing his secret, lol!)
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• after the birth of my 3rd child - ALL THE TIME.

i now have a hide a key box on my car with an extra key in it.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• For my first car I used to always do this! Thank God for my car now because it won't lock with the keys inside and the lights will stay on.
    SweetSmeek

Answer by SweetSmeek at 2:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• omg alot of times. my dh calls it the chaos theory. I finally went and got a couple copies made one is on a hook under my car!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I honestly locked my keys in my car with it still running one time.... beat that! I was so freaking embarrassed

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• all the time..but good thing i have a spear in my purse..thats if i dont leave my purse in the car to..lol then my so had a spear and my mom lol
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I haven't locked them in the car but I have dropped them in the trunk and then shut that with no way of opening the trunk from the inside. An officer ended taking out the backseat of my car so that I could get the keys back.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I did it in a parking lot, with my baby daughter inside! The police had to come, so embarrassing.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Juggalette, I've dropped them in the trunk too! With groceries in the trunk in the middle of summer!
    hootie826

Comment by hootie826 (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• at least two times. one when i went into a mcdonalds to eat and i left the radio on. the other was when i got home and had my hands full. i always lock my door when i get out of the car.
    mamashrl

Answer by mamashrl at 2:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010