HCG experts...I need YOU!!!!

I had my hcg level done on Monday which was 10dpo...it was 33

Today (48 hours later) 12 dpo - my hcg level was 98.

Do you think trippling is ok??

newmamanew2town

Asked by newmamanew2town at 2:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm no expert but I would say your good to go! Could mean multiples or some other things. Right now I would just celebrate what it is! Congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• They want to see number 'at least roughly double' in 48 hours. Numbers increase faster early in pregnancy and slow down as the numbers get larger. So at 10-12 dpo, those numbers look fine. Congrats!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Tripling is BETTER than okay! I've been through hCG hell twice before, the first time I ended up with a blighted ovum, the second time everything was okay, so I did some extensive (or rather, obsessive) research on it. In general, a doubling in 48 hours is a sign of a normal pregnancy. Yours tripled, which is great! Sounds like you're right where you want to be. Are they doing another one in 48 hours?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It can double every 24 to 48 hrs so that sounds normal mine hcg differ each baby some very high some low but its always one not to say if it keeps going way up it could be multiples
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I forgot to add that with my two living children-- with each one of thier pregnancies my hcg levels would quadruple (example with my daughter the hcg at 9dpo was 10 then 48 hours later it was 40 and 48 hours after that it was in the 160's) instead of doube every time... so is this ok do you think that it is only trippling?
    Thanks
    newmamanew2town

Comment by newmamanew2town (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Just had mine done and they said within 2 days it should double or triple.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010