have you had a natural birth?

I"m having a natural birth at a birth center this time around with my 2nd baby(hospital was a nightmare!) ... I'm really anxious and a little bit scared about the pain, If you've had a natural birth what was it like for you ?

prettymama0607

Asked by prettymama0607 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You know that song, "The Ring of Fire"... ? That's what it felt like,lol.... I'm not going to sugar coat it, I had all 3 of our boys natural, and it was painful, but I would do it all over again! I was able to get up, shower, and nurse right after I had them... You'll be fine.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes i have. i had all of mine that way. i had three and adoped one. i would not have done it any other way. i was 39 and 40 yeas old when i had my last two which were girls.
    mamashrl

Answer by mamashrl at 2:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I did it twice and I found that the pain was bearable by focusing my vision on an object I brought from home and hung in in the wall there, I focused on my breathing and the object while the severe contractions were going on and it helped a lot!!!!

Answer by older at 2:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I unintentionally had what I consider a natural birth. I got an epidural, but it did not have time to take effect before my son was born. It wasn't as painful as I expected, but my deliveries are very quick. It is painful, but at least in my case, the pain is over pretty quickly. I'm not planning on having any more children, but if I did, I would not request any drugs.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I had one. It hurt sure, but, I was fine the second it was over and could walk, move and do whatever.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It was painful, but the end result was well worth it for me. I had 2 out of 3 naturally. With the 3rd I had DH and a good friend with me. We were literally standing around and telling silly stories to make me laugh. It helped a lot. I was in the hospital for a whopping 2 hours before he came barreling out. ( I went from 6 cm to baby in an hour)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i've had 2. no inductions, no pain meds, no internvention. totally worth it. my 1st one was very long, 15hrs. i was exhausted. but because the labor was slow in progression i was able to focus and visualize and keep the pressure waves manageble. i visualized my baby a lot, how much he'd weigh, what he'd look like, what he'd sounds like ect... when an intense contraction would hit, it'd imagine what he looked in at that moment in my womb. it helped distract me. my 2nd one was too fast. i didn't have time for anything, much less visualizing. he shot out as soon as my midwife walked in. it was awful. because it was so fast i couldn't visualize or relax,it was very intense and i tore. it felt like a very out of control moment. but it was over in under 2hrs.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 2:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Well ladie when I was pregnant with my first son I was supposed to give birth naturally but let me tell you after they induced me and the pain started I didn't cared if it was naturally with an epidural I suggest you get an epidural they hurt like hell!!!!!
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My second baby came so quickly---I was in the hospital for less than an hour when they took me to the delivery room---so there was no time for any pain meds and I had her in 10 minutes. All they did was inject a local to put the episiotomy stitches in. It was really easy! I was very relaxed and not scared at all!
    Just don't be afraid. Giving birth is natural. Just think of all the billions of Mom who have given birth. Enjoy!!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I had 1 out my 3 natural, I had planned an epi but couldn't because I got to the hospital at 9 cm. Usually the first labor is the hardest, and 9 cm with my 2nd felt the same as 5 cm with my first, I really had no idea I was that far along except that on the way to the hospital I started shaking and my contractions started coming really close together. I was scared to death of pushing, but my body pretty much pushed her out for me, I screamed through the first push, it was only 3 pushes, but that was the worst part. As soon as she was out I felt perfect. It was amazing, I went from horrible pain to feeling perfect just like that. I never felt like it was pain beyond what I could handle. All through labor I walked and leaned against the wall and breathed through contractions. I visualized my cervix opening up like a flower, because I had just read to do that. I really wanted another natural birth, but wimped out this time.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010