my fiance is incredibly worried about the baby.i am 3 months and he is paranoid that something bad will happen to it or that he or i will squish it.. i've tried to make him feel better, i know when there is too much pressure on my tummy but it doesnt seem to help.. any advice on how i can make him feel better?

buttercup33

Asked by buttercup33 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Do you mean during sex? If so then just let him know that sex is a very healthy and important part of pregnancy. Try doing it in the spooning position. It works pretty well :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• tell him that you will never hurt the baby and you know when there is to much pressure on your stomach and that everything is okay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My fiance was the same way when I was pregnant. So I told him that I would just have to not have sex and be lazy all day. No housework, no cooking, no sex etc. He got the point in a couple of days that it wasnt bad for the baby =)
    Sarahsophia

Answer by Sarahsophia at 8:55 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Have your SO go with you to the next OB appt and ask the Dr. Don't be afraid to discuss this with the Dr. They are used to having these concerns questioned. Your Dr. will explain all and your SO should listen and respect what the Dr. has to say. It is perfectly fine to have and enjoy sex during pregnancy and unless you are having any difficulties with the pregnancy your Dr will tell you the same. If you do or have any difficulties with the pregnancy and your Dr tells you to obstain from sex, then you should also listen and take the advise.
    lookn4trulov

Answer by lookn4trulov at 9:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• get him a book
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:42 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• tell his mom to talk to him - wife is never right until someone else says the same thing to hubbie
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:35 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• baby books always work. get him some trust me.
    daisysmommy

Answer by daisysmommy at 12:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• If it's during sex that's he's worried about hurting the baby, I have some advice, lol. I was always the worried one with our son, especially considering that my husband is a big...above average...down below. We'd use positions where he wouldn't have the deepest penetration like spooning, or with me on top so I could control how deep he went. This eased my worries that he could bruise my cervix, plus that way he wasn't able to lay on me or anything. Even with doggie style, he can get deeper (which he likes) but it elongates your vagina so he's not hurting anything, and your belly is hanging so the baby won't get squished! lol
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 12:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I agree with the one who said to take him with you to your next OB app. and ask in frount of him because men seem to be shy and he might not want to ask....and try it in the "spooning" position it can be the most compfortable position when preg. good luck.
    Anonymous

• keep reassuring him, also, have your doctor call and talk to him, look for info on the net.. by the time i was into my 2nd tri, i wanted to have sex all the time.. so you just have to find new ways, and its so much fun.. have him touch your belly, have him really push on you.. cause by the time you are 7 months, and really sticking out, you will want him used to touching and feeling you, some people get only one chance to experience a baby.. we still havent decided on two, so when i was pregnant, i woke up several times to my bf feeling my belly, and sometimes he would get answers back.. he thought it was very cool.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2008