Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another question about preeclampsia i also asked yesterday more info needed

Today my bp went back up to the highest reading that I had yesterday my heache is more mild but now I'm barely peeing and I am drinking I have a red rash that burns on my arm now but I don't think that is from bp? Should I bother going back in I have an appt Friday morning and I feel more like a nuisance going in again

 
Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 15 (2,314 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (20)
  • I think you should just go to Labor & Delivery. I ended up with placenta aburption which could have killed my son and I.
    DeegansMomma08

    Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Hun, I'd call if you feel that bad. When all I had was the high BP my doctor had me get an amnio to test the babies lungs and when it came back that my daughters lungs were fully developed I went in that night and had a c-sec the next day (3 weeks before my scheduled c-sec)...and I never even had the headaches or nausciousness.
    Mom2Jack04

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • You should at least call, but I would probably go in. I didn't take my bp as seriously as I should have with my dd and ended up having a seizure because of it. You won't be a bother to them at all!
    caseyloo

    Answer by caseyloo at 2:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Really? I'm 2 and a half weeks from my scheduled csection do you mind if I ask your numbers I know it depends on each persons normal and if you're 20 to 30 points higher they'll call it high blood pressure mine was just at the start of when they'll call it preeclamsia 2 readings of 140 over 91 in a 6 hr period severe is over 100 and that's when they'd induce they told me or in my case csection
    Kre10

    Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • You need to call and let them know. I ended up in an emergency c-section.
    pebbles4630

    Answer by pebbles4630 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Ahh okay I know my mom and sister had it and I know its serious I feel sick but not horrible my mthfr makes me more likely to develop it but I just feel so bad calling but I will I don't want to risk it
    Kre10

    Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • so i called and got the front desk they said theyd call back but its been 30 mins....they are super busy i know bc a dr left for good, but last night they told me to call again if it kept on, and labor and delivery wants me to go through my ob first before coming in again to them so i dont know what to do i might just be waiting until friday
    Kre10

    Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • they called told me to lay down, and wait until friday
    Kre10

    Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Go in because if bp gets too high you can have a stroke or kidney failure or both. You may need a magnesium drip or at least a 24 hour urine done.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • They told me not to go in they are acting too busy for me I'm feeling worse neck pain head ache and see light spots. I told them I'm nauseous and throwing up but they made it sound like my fault for not being in bed the ddnt put me on strict bed rest and I have a 3yr old and no help here hubs is in military and needs a reason can't just get out of work I'm at a loss
    Kre10

    Comment by Kre10 (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN