What is the best/safest/healthiest thing to use to boost energy?

Please don't say excercise because that's what I'm trying to boost my energy to DO! lol

I currently work 55+ hours a week, two days are typically 12+ hours of work alone and then of course I am still mommy so I run the household, lol. But I am trying to find a way to boost my energy levels enough for now to get started in a good excercise routine so that I can use my excercise AS my energy booster (I hope that makes snese).

I also do not want to take pills for energy. :(

I am big on herbal medications and stuff from the environment. :)

Thanks!

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 2:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Vitamin B12 is great !
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• There is this new commercial for that liquid 5 hour energy drink, dont know if you have heard of it? But, it shows this busy mom coming home from work and she tells us her hubby suggested she take this energy drink. So, now shes racing around like a loon,,,then it pans over to dh and he is just sitting there on the couch,,,haha,,,too funny. Does anybody even know whats actually in that bottle? I dont, Do you have an herbal supplement store by you? I would go in there and ask for natural supplements that add energy to your diet
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• lol some organic coffee??? I never recommend those 5 hour energy shots because they contain high amounts of niacin, one side effect of too much niacin that I've pesonaly experienced is the feeling my insides were burning. I literally thought I was sponteneously combusting and I rushed to the ER. They had to cover me in ice cold blankets to stop me from screaming from the burn
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Ginseng. Talk to the health store person. They should know a good safe way. I have 1 cup of coffee aday and that seems to do it too.
    pebbles4630

Answer by pebbles4630 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• those drinks are what I was talking about with the niacin, niacin can be dangerous if you get too much of it in your body and those drinks have a HUGE amount
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Ginseng,
    tanya120

Answer by tanya120 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Vitamin B12
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2010