help me out moms

my husband is out of town for three to four days a week and were are TTC but if we have sex a day after the i ovulate can i still get pregnate and if we had sex three days befor can we i know te eggs live for 48 hours but i dont know how that all works you know any how any advice and comments are much appreciated thats ladies!

saadamarie

Asked by saadamarie at 2:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I believe it does last for 48 hours and if it is not fertilized the body gets rid of it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My doctor said since "most" women ovulate on the 14th day, to have sex every other day from the 10th -18th day. Obviously you can do it any time before or after. I believe sperm stays in your body for up to 3 days.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• There are three days in which the egg is ideal for fertilization. On average sperm live for three days as well. Sometimes longer sometimes shorter depends on how healthy your man is. Ideally you would have sex every other day the week you are set to ovulate. You can get pregnant the day after you ovulate and I would wait as long as possible (ie the day before) if you are going to try before you ovulate.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010