What's the best way to start potty training?

My almost 2 year old son is started to be interested in the potty. We bought him a potty seat, but I'm not sure how to start training. We have sat him on it a few times, but he had not gone in the potty yet.

SusanEllen

Asked by SusanEllen at 2:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• id say the best way is to take a weekend at home strip the toddler down .....he most likely wont like peeing everywhere but have him try to go every 15min!!!! another trick is to put m&ms in the toilet and have them pee on them!!! make sure to be super excited when mission accomplished
    Tasha T.

Answer by Tasha T. at 3:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• with my first son we took him potty everytime we went potty for about a month until he understood the concept then we started taking him every 30 mins or so until he went potty. we made sure for the first part of the potty training he was on a tight schedule it worked for him now on the other hand my youngest son just takes his potty all around the house. Clearly he's not ready lol Good luck
    cleo2582

Answer by cleo2582 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010