Answer this for me if you will.....

I am Pro-Life, except in the case of the Moms life being in danger. (and yes, I do believe that in the case of rape or incest the pregnancy should be kept, and if the child is unwanted, placed for adoption) So, the big argument I keep hearing on here is "a woman should be able to do what she wants with HER BODY", and I agree, she should be able to do with her body what she pleases, but not THE UNBORN BABY THATS TEMPORARILY INSIDE OF HER DUE TO HER CHOICES. So, how do you consider terminating a growing life inside of you to be terminated ok, when it is another person, and not your own body?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Health

• Im all for women doing what they wont but im againt abortion to the fulliest thats cause i believe its murder and in the bible it says thats a sin and well hell here you come...but thats because i am a religious person
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 8:44 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i agree with you except one thing, incest or rape. do you know what that could possibly do to your mind caring that baby for nine months in one of those two situations? let alone if you where raped and just happened to be married, how do you think your hubby would feel?

bikerchickmommy

Answer by bikerchickmommy at 8:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Biker Mommy I do understand where your coming from and can not even be able to fathom how hard it would be to carry out the pregnancy. BUT- when it boils down to it, that child did nothing, and to kill a baby because of the circumstances does not add up for me. I had 3 difficult pregnancys, that were physically and emotionally difficult, but I didn't abort my unborn children because of that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Well I am a pro choice, meaning that the woman can make what every choice she chooses. You state that the unborn baby is TEMPORARILY INSIDE HER DUE TO HER CHOICES. Then show me one woman who chooses to be raped, because under my definition of rape, It is A FORCED ACT.

As far as incest, it can either be consensual or not. If the person is not consenting to the incest, then it is RAPE, again a forced act. So I guess I do not see your point on that.

I do believe that if you are in a relationship and you are thinking of getting an abortion it should talked about with both people. I do not believe abortion should be used as birth control.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't know why people think pro-choice is automatically pro-abortion. I am pro-choice because I don't think the government should make these kind of choices FOR women. Now, personally, I would make different choices from someone else. Hence the word - CHOICE.

The very bottom line is that a fetus, until it can sustain isn't own life isn't viable without the Mother carrying it. Not trying to be insensitive to the beauty of pregnancy, but at 6 weeks if you miscarry its like a heavy period. No brain activity, you can't "see" a formed little human. It's not a "baby" in the sense of a child born at 40 weeks. The argument is where does life begin -- and everyone has different opinions there. Religious people feel a soul is there immediately, Science based minds consider brain activity vital for life. Which all the more presses why this is a PERSONAL issue. Not a public one.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• OMG!!!! I am the exact same way. I also think that a baby should be kept in cases of rape, etc. I keep hearing that excuse also. I think yes a woman should do what she wants with her body, but what about the baby. If she gets the choice, then why wouldn't the baby. After all it is the baby's body that is getting aborted not the mothers. It is not fair.
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I see where you are coming from. BUT, honestly...what if a girl did not get pregnant by choice. What if an inoccent young girl was raped & it made her pregnant. How would u feel if that happened to your own child? Would u tell your 13 yr old dtr that she has to go through with a pregnancy caused by RAPE? Pregnancy can be soo much for a child to handle.
    Anonymous

• A pregnancy can be a lot for a child to handle yes but do you think having an abortion would be easy?
    Anonymous

• People have different opinions on when it is actually a life, for one. People have different opinions on what quantifies and qualifies life. You are having your own beliefs, and no one is telling you not to, so why do you want to choose for someone else what they believe? And please don't spout science at me...not only will you be presuming to know where I stand on the issue, but you will also be wasting your time as the scientific community can't even agree amongst itself what constitutes a human life and when. Just accept that there are always going to be people whose belief systems and life choices are different from yours, and you do not need to control them. Just live YOUR life the way YOU choose, and let others do the same. It really is that simple.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I fully believe that abortion is WRONG!!!! But in the case of rape or incest it should be the woman's choice. There is this thing called a morning after pill that you can get if you have been raped that stops you from getting pregnant. If there is a heartbeat it is a living being in my opinion and has a right to live. In case of rape or incest morning after pill would be my choice.And yes i have been raped and thought i was pregnant afterward, I was planning on carrying and keeping the baby so i do know what makin that decision is like.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 10:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2008