nautilus or radian xtsl?

which one? i really want something that turns into a booster when the time comes, but would like to keep dd in a harness as long as possible. i like the narrowness of the radian,..but it doesn't have a cup holder..can i order one for it?

dd is 28 months, at her last doc appointment was 31 lbs and 31 1/2 inches

radian or nautilus? it's between the two..i just don't know which one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, are you planning to rear face or forward face? If you want to rear face I would go with the Radian. If you are going to forward face I would go with the Nautilous. My sister has a Radian xtsl and he son is very uncomfortable in it because it is so narrow. He is 45 pounds. I have a Nautilous and I love it. So user friendly, easy to adjust, and install. And so comfortable.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 4:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i have 2 kids in a nautilous and we love it, it is very is to get mine in and out, and i like the height and weight on it. the only downside is they are huge and can be difficult to install. i think toyrus.com has a comparison tool.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would go with the Nautilus... but if you are in the price range for a Radian, check out the Britax Frontier 85 instead... it would be a better choice. Also, the Evenflo Maestro is a really nice seat... it will harness to 50 lbs, which it looks like you don't have a very big kiddo, so it should last to arounf 5 years old and it makes an excelent booster (where the Nautilus doesn't make a great one for all children)

My choices would be: Frontier, Maestro, Nautilus, Radian

I have a Radian XTSL... it's great for rear facing... but I have heard it's not a wonderful forward facing seat...

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If you're going to RF at this time, Radian, or another option. For FF, the Nautilus is a good choice, because (if I'm not mistaken) although the two seats have different weight limits, the harness slots aren't all that different. From what I've heard, many Radians are outgrown in height before the child hits 80 lbs.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010