Anyone else not giving their child the H1N1 vaccine?

Call me paranoid, but I haven't given my children the H1N1 vaccine yet. It's new and it scares me. I worry the kids will suffer some unforseen side effect later on in life. Paranoid, I know.

Anyone else not giving the vaccine to their child? What is stopping you from doing it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

• We won't be getting it. Didn't last year, won't this year, or any other year. From what I understand about the flu vaccine I feel that we stand just as good a chance not getting the flu if we get it or not.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 4:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nope. No H1N1 for me or my kids. I'm right there with you in thinking it is still too new for me to trust.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nope. I didn't last year and wont' this year. My husband and daughter had H1N1 last summer and they were sick, but it was no more or less than the flu itself.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nah, my daughter just got the flu mist when she had her 11 year shots lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Mine has never had ANY flu intervention.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Neither of my children are getting it. I don't trust it. It was made way to fast to know what the long term affects are going to be and I refuse to allow my children to be genie pigs.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No flu shots in this house! You're not paranoid.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 4:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We're not getting it. I honestly can't bring myself to inject something else into their little systems, it seems unnecessary. Call me crazy I guess!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My children don't get any vaccines. But even if they did, I can't ever see myself getting them this one.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't get my children any vaccines that are not required by the schools, including flu and H1N1... no way I'm gonna chance that.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010