how can I choose? my mil told me i could

well my dh and I want to TTC #2. My mil told me I should go to the dr and tell them what gender I want and how to up my odds...I didn't think that was possible, but my sil told me it was. So I wanted to ask, has anyone went to the dr and told them they wanted a boy and the dr gave them instructions on how to go about getting one?

FYI: I have a dd that is 18 months... so this time we really really want a boy, but there is a chance that I could have twins, it runs in my immediate family. Just some info

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No one can decide the gender besides the sperm. You can try every wives tell in the book but it all comes down to the sperm
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think your MIL is hallucinating.

tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The only things I have ever heard of to choose gender would be what I would call old wives tales. Nothing scientific.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Check out the shettles method. I have no idea how successful it is, but I have heard of people using it to try to influence the gender of their child. Beyond that there are some really expensive and crazy procedures used with IVF where the sperm is spun to seperate out the ones that will make boys from the ones that will make girls.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• sorry hun but i dont think any of the special tricks work. i do want to say though that i always did the "chinese gender calendar" every time AFTER i was already pregnant, and all 3 times it was always right that i was having a girl. you might be able to use it to TRY to conceive a boy, but again, don't get your hopes up. good luck with the ttc nonetheless.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The Chinese calander thing was wrong with all 3 of mine!!! So It's not always right!!!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 4:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• rolling on floor  Good luck with that.

I think you should have some wild fun sex and just get what ya get......... hopefully it will include and orgasm.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You're MIL is either yanking your chain or has a screw loose upstairs. There are several 'methods' that claim to influence gender..but no proof they work with any accuracy. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The shettles method can increase your chances... but there is no guarantee- short of the crazy IVF sex-selection, which is still only 81% for boys. I'm 4 weeks with my second, and we'd really like another boy... but we'll be happy with whatever we get. You can also have your husbands sperm tested to see if he has more X or Y sperm- which can give you an idea of what to expect.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 4:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have heard the tighty whiteys are more likely to have girls. It had something to do with the temperature of the sperm. IDK
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 9:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2010