Whats blu ray?

does it play on my dvd player? Why didit come with my dvd I just bought? Do you have to have the both (dvd and blu ray) or could I sell the blu ray part of it on Ebay?

bizima4

Asked by bizima4 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Entertainment

• Why don't you just upgrade to a blu ray player? Within a year or two,DVD will be obsolete.
    No blu rays are not compatible with DVD players

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• lol. only the new tottally awesome super clear picture you see when you spend an extra arm and a leg to by the player and the the special dvds that go with it when you can just watch it on regular dvd like everyone has been for years!

but it is pretty clear though! its like your in the movie
    michellezk210

Answer by michellezk210 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No. You bought a combo pack. I have Blu-ray, and i'm sure you can.

It's high def, you need a blu ray player (or ps3) to play it, also the high def tv.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• A Blu-ray Disc (also known as BD or Blu-Ray) is an optical disc storage medium designed to supersede the standard DVD format. Its main uses are for storing high-definition video, PlayStation 3 video games, and other data, with up to 25 GB per single layered, and 50 GB per dual layered disc

In layman's terms: its better quality (HD) holds more data, better storage, 25GB Gi-normous. So,they made it bigger and better than the standard dvds
    websavvy1

Answer by websavvy1 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010