The girl upstairs from me pays $23 a month for her nice three bedroom apartment. I have the same nice three bedroom apartment and pay $800. She gets housing assistance and lives off of the government. How come she can afford a new car?

She does not work or go to school. She just sits outside and smokes all day long while her herd of children run around all over the place with no supervision.

How can she afford a new car?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Money & Work

• who knows.... for all you know a family member is paying for it.... why don't you just ask her.... after all she would be able to answer better then anyone here on CM (cafemom).
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:17 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I would not worry about her, nothing you can do. Focus on your goals and dreams and work towards them. At the end of the day, you are the better person. Don't let others situation affect what you have going for you. Unfortanetly, there are people like that, but nothing you can do, expect turn her in...but you know...that is not why you are here on earth...help others first and your goals will be met. Determine your WHY, why you need X and focus on it and work towards it. I have a home business if you are interested in making extra money to get all you want and have a better life. Good luck to you either way.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Why is it any of your business? Perhaps she has support from her family or friends. Perhaps she is disabled and unable to work. Perhaps the car was a gift. You can't possibly know all the ins and outs of her life, nor is it any of your business. Spend more time being grateful and less time being envious and hateful (her "herd" of children? are they not human beings, but rather cattle?), and it will make you a happier, more pleasant person.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I have seen situations like this time and ago in my line of work. I believe that very soon the entire welfare system is going to need yet another overhaul.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Once again...you don't know her stuation. You make assumptions. Just ask if you're that darned worried about it! If you are the same person that posted the other negative questions reguarding people on govn't assistance, then you really need to find something better to do than complain. You seem really negative.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Maybe she's getting help from family as well. Or she is cheating the system. Either way, why is it your business? Yeah I know, it totally sucks that you are working so hard to afford things for yourself and your family, but her situation has no bearing on you. Just be grateful for what you have. She will eventually get what's coming to her. Karma is a b*tch you know. LOL.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• How about you worry about bettering your own life, and stop worrying about hers? And if its really bugging you... ask her? For all you know it was a lease, or from a family member.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• love the rude "none of your business" anon replies.
    As for me, i'd be pretty pissed, they're my tax dollars too.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 9:40 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• The car is most likely put in someone elses name. It's done all the time. But if you suspect fraud, you should report it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• So just because she has assistance means she cant have a car?MOST everyone i know has gotten a car when using assistance. AS long as the car is not paid for and your making payments she still is able to has assastance.maybe her payments are not as much as YOU think. are family is helping out. I would never just assume something.its rude
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:48 AM on Oct. 25, 2008