When your housework gets behind and you start feeling overwhelmed do you ever just sit in the middle of the floor and stress out more? lol.

I've been sick with bronchitis and my house shows it. My husband works a lot. So i've been trying to get help from family to get it back in order..ugh. Every time I bent down or whatever or too much I'd get sick to my stomach or have a cough attack. I have a story house with a basement too and it's like aahhh!

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 5:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I normally start at the front of the house (living room, kitchen area) and work my way back from there. I do one room at a time, clearing every thing out until it's done. EVEN IF you are just moving things from one room to another (like from the kitchen to the living room) eventually it all ends up where it's supposed to be. The trick is, once you get a room cleared, you CANNOT place items back in there. Once the kitchen is cleared and dishes are done, the living room is next. Then the bathroom, then the bedrooms. THEN I dust, clean appliances, scrub toilets, etc. The last thing is vacuuming and mopping.

Whew. I know. I'm very systematic about my cleaning, but it just seems to get done faster. I can now get my whole house cleaned in under 3 hours - even if it looks like 4 tornadoes blew through.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If getting behind on housework is the worst thing that happens to you, you are well ahead of the game. Who says our homes have to be sparkling all the time? You've been sick, cut yourself some slack!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes, but thankfully my kids are older now and will help out when I really need it. Hope you are feeling better soon!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• HELL NO I GET MY MOTOR RUNNING AND START DOING WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE IF NOT I GO CRAZY...LOL I CAN NOT LIVE A MESSY HOUSE I GET FRUSTRATED...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• YES.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 5:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Thats what im doing now...i was working on it before and got most of it done thismorning...then my son got into the brown sugar and i have to sweep mop and vaccum all over again....and i just did it not even 20 min before he got into all of it...ugh...but i have to get it done before the ants come in...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• sometimes because you dont know were to start
    Velvet1126

Answer by Velvet1126 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• oh sure, the house will still be there when you get back on your feet. I was diagnosed with a very rare eye disease earlier this year and it turned my whole world upside down for a couple weeks. Got it back together, emotionally and physically and the house sparkled in no time at all! Hope you are feeling better asap
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 5:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• and now he just woke up from his nap and got baby powder ALL OVER his room.....ugh today just sucks.....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes. Or sometimes, like this very moment, I sit on CafeMom and give myself a breather before I have an all-out panic attack. (I'm surrounded by coloring pages, cereal, and toys at the moment, and my sink is full of dishes....aaaaacccckkkk!) LOL
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010