please read... question about 4 month old shots

My dd got her shots last week and shes been SUPER fussy ever since! Shes normally a very melow baby who never crys or fusses. I was tickling her thighs just now and felt a pea size bump on both her legswhere the shots were givin! The nurse who did the shots was horrible. She wiggled the needles after they were in her legs, she pulled the needle out before all the vaccine liquid was in dds leg which splaterd it on dds clothes and stained them! My dds legs were brused and swollen for days and she kicks her legs nonstop niw. Dd also got the oral rotavirus vaccine which is givin before the shots.. Dd choked on it, and the nurse started giving her the shots even though i told her to wait because my daughter was choking!

I will never alow that lady to touch any of my kids again. But my question is, should i be worried about these bumps still being there and her still being so fussy like shes always in pain?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 5:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take her back in to the doctor to have ehr checked out, she should not still be sore and fussy after a week.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would call the hospital and talk to a nurse about it. I think its fine though....but it never hurts to call =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• take her to the doc if you're worried. I got a big scare for my daughters 6 month shots her legs turned bright red and swollen I was so worried and she was just screaming. But the doc said its a reaction, but its normal and just to ice it. She only stopped screaming when we put a big thing of ice on it so we kept ice on her leg for a couple hours til she fell asleep and when she woke up the next morning she was fine.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• DS ended up with a knot in his leg for WEEKS once after a vaccine. It's COMMON, but I don't consider it to be a NORMAL reaction. If it's been like a week, and she's still super fussy, I'd make a call or bring her in. It's considered a reaction, and should be reported to VAERS.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• There have been instances of kids reacting to the rotovirus vax. And After a week, she should be over it all. Take her to the doctor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• why would you let someone give that many shots at once to your kid? what is her poor immune system going through

I'm a selective vaxer and no more then 2 immunizations per 8 weeks---- rota virus?? breastfeeding is much better at protecting then the oral syrup
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2010