should i just get a new wedding ring or fix the original one?

2 diamonds(they are gone) and the prong that holds them is broken! i took it back to the no name brand jewler were my husband bought it fro, a yr an half ago and they told me it would cost $300 to fix, for the labor!!!! WT....... its under warrenty and my husband cant find the papers when he bought it! He didnt buy the one i effen wanted! so i went to some else they said $185 to fix everything, so should i pay to fix it w/the other guy and sell it and pay it off or sell it after i fix it and get the one i want! im so lost i dont know what to do and it so sad looking at it with 2 diamonds missing!! ;-(

1MeanMomma06

Asked by 1MeanMomma06 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Shopping

• I personally would fix it and keep it. That is the ring that your husband first gave you, whether it is the ring that you originally wanted or not.. If you want a new ring, buy a new ring. But you should keep your first ring.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'd be afraid the guy who fixes the ring would do as good of a job as he did making the ring. You lost 2 diamonds, go somewhere else to fix it. And I would fix, not replace personally.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Fix the original...it's a keepsake!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree with silversmom. Fix it, but have a different jeweler do it. And I would keep it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i would fix it. It has sentimental value that way outweighs monetary value
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 4:09 AM on Oct. 10, 2010