Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Is there anything I can do about them!?

We live in government housing, and whenever our neighbores smoke pot (which sometimes its 2-3 times a day!) It leaks into our apartment from the vents or whatever. I have a 2 year old & I do not want him around that stuff. I grew up with my mom smoking it all the time. I dont know whether to contact the office thats in charge of these buildings, or the police.. But Im getting tired of them. And this isnt the only thing they do, they stay up til 2-3 in the morning with their sound system blareing, and banging on the walls, yelling outside, ect. I just want something done about it. And yes, I have tried talking to them about it, theyre idiots and they dont listen. So im gonna have to do it the hard way i guess. (PS not sure where to catagorize this)

Answer Question

Asked by Jessica1991 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Health

Level 14 (1,438 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • are you military? If so call the housing office for your place and complain, they should investigate that, and if you feel you should, call the cops.

    Answer by anikahaynes1 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • cops 2nd hand smoke is bad for health, but make it anonymous

    Answer by gottalovemal at 5:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • No, it's not military. The rent goes based on your income. Which we pay full price because we're not on asistance anymore. But most of the people who run the office are on drugs too, so Im not sure what to do about it. I cant keep leaving my house cause my neighbors are potheads, ya know. Its getting annoying.

    Comment by Jessica1991 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • u should be able to go to the office or the police but since u said the people who run the office r on drugs too ur best bet is the police.. u can call on them when they r being too loud past 9 or w/e ur state does. Theres always a time u have to stop being so loud. at my place we have to move all parties inside at 9 and no more loud music..

    Answer by chrstny88 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • go to the office first, and if nothing is done within a week go to the cops. Call the police when they are making noise so late/early in the night/morning. They will get written up for it. Sometimes you have to call the cops on them more than once. Also alert the cops when you call them about smelling pot and they might have enough probable cause to go and search their homes. Good luck and I hope it gets better for you.

    Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 5:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • I would do something just incase it is getting into your childs system what would happen if you took them to the emergency room and they tested positive for pot you might get your child taken away better to cover yourself just in case report iot to the office then the cops and have a record of it

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Smoking pot is illegal. Cover your bases by talking to the office, and if they don't do something immediately, go to the police. Your health, and your child's, is more important than making a neighbor mad.

    Answer by Reenieredhead at 6:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Contact both every time it happens. That is what the police told me to do when I had this problem. I lived in a duplex. Neighbors had access to the basement where the furnace was. Every time it kicked on my apt filled with smoke.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.