Remember, it is Congress that makes the laws and spends our money -not the President. He has to work wi th what's handed to him.
Remember the election in 2006?
Thought you might like to read the following:
A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.
Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $4.10 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
7) Food prices skyrocketing over 30% in 1 year.
America voted for change
Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events
Answer by my2.5boys at 9:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2008
The point is--that it also isn't all Bush's fault. The whole Mortgage debacle started under Jimmy Carter and just worsened under Clinton...... This was just an eye opener because so many seem to think it is all the president--
Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2008
Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2008
Answer by my2.5boys at 9:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2008
That is so true---but that is one reason the American people usually seemed to either vote a Dem in the White House and the Republicans in Congress or vice versa. The fact that one party could control both is a scary prospect....... But it isn't like the man can step inside the White House on Day One and change the whole social/economical/ethical/moral system of the country-------we have Congress for that----lol:-)
Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2008
Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 10:29 AM on Oct. 25, 2008
Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2008
Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2008
Next question overall
If you were out in public and saw a pregnant woman fall, would you help her?