Democrat or Republican?

Remember, it is Congress that makes the laws and spends our money -not the President. He has to work wi th what's handed to him.
Remember the election in 2006?

Thought you might like to read the following:

A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $4.10 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
7) Food prices skyrocketing over 30% in 1 year.

America voted for change

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I understand what you are trying to say, however, a lot of the effects of congress come in the long term, not the short term. Take for instance this crisis we're in. This didn't happen over night. Nor was it started two years ago. This is an accumulation of bad policies that have been around for decades. To blame the current congress for all the problems we now face is absurd. Whenever looking at economic policies and outcomes you need to broaden your view a little more than just the last two years.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• The point is--that it also isn't all Bush's fault. The whole Mortgage debacle started under Jimmy Carter and just worsened under Clinton...... This was just an eye opener because so many seem to think it is all the president--

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i agree, we don't need a democrat in the white house!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I see your point. I have never thought it was just the president. The president doesn't have ultimate power over everything, which is why I can't understand why so many people are afraid during this election. It's not as though whoever gets elected can just make whatever changes they feel like.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• That is so true---but that is one reason the American people usually seemed to either vote a Dem in the White House and the Republicans in Congress or vice versa. The fact that one party could control both is a scary prospect....... But it isn't like the man can step inside the White House on Day One and change the whole social/economical/ethical/moral system of the country-------we have Congress for that----lol:-)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It is everyone's fault. Democrats and Republicans. This is why I am voting for a person, not a party.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 10:29 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I would like an idependant in the white house, someone that can think for himself and is not trying to make money for themselves, and doesnt worry about whether he/she would piss off the people in his/her party. Someone that is really for the people and not trying to further their agenda but I know that will never happen (but I can wish)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Thanks for the chart.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2008