how to leave your drunken husband

tiredofthis60

Asked by tiredofthis60 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• if u want to keep the house, put all of his stuff on thr front lawn (in boxes if you're nice) and change the locks and when he tries to come home from the bar, call the cops and he'll be arrested for his drunkenness. Then tell them you're filing for divorce and he can't come home.

If you just want to go, pack your stuff and go, have your lawyer send the divorce papers.

does that answer your question? It wasn't very specific.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Been there, done that. He refused to leave, so I did. I even was nice enough to let him live in the house for another 2 years. Filed for divorce right after I left, and 2 years later told him he had to either buy me out of the house, or sell it. That was it. Haven't talked to him or heard from him since.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If your scared of him hurting you when you are leaving call the cops to standby while you pack, and go get a protection order once you've got all of your stuff out....or call the cops on him while he's gone make sure they can charge him with something then if he doesn't have any money to bail himself out that gives you a few weeks to get things straightened out while he's in jail...that's how I did it haven't looked back been 4 years!!!!
    3angels23

Answer by 3angels23 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• doesnt matter he is drunk and wont remember
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010