Tax Tables--Enlightening--Democratic or Republican?

Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics enlightening and amazing.
www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.HTML

Taxes under CLINTON-1999 Taxes under BUSH-2008
Single earning: Single earning:
30K - taxed- $ 8,400 30K - taxed $ 4,500
50K - taxed $ 14,000 50K - taxed $ 12,500
75K - taxed $ 23,250 75K - taxed $ 18,750
Married earning: Married earning:
60K - taxed $ 16,800 60K - taxed $ 9,000
75K - taxed $ 21,000 75K - taxed $ 18,750
125K - taxed $ 38,750 125K - taxed $ 31,250

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Barack Obama promises to return to the higher tax rates if elected. It is amazing how many people who fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever.

If elected, Barack Obama has already promised that he will repeal the Bush tax cuts, and amazingly, a good portion of the people who fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Thank you. Not much else I can say!
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 9:42 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Thank you for posting! I am glad someone has found some actual numbers to support what I already knew! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I rather pay higher taxes if it means this country gets out of this deficit before my children or grandchildren have to pay for it.
    zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 11:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• zianneaaliyah: we'll be paying higher taxes with Obama and we'll still have the deficit.. think of all the promises he's making and all of the programs he wants... that money has to come from somewhere.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• You people need to GET A LIFE! Nobody cares about your biased postings. You're not gonna recruit any new supporters for McCain. GET OVER IT!!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 12:36 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• amydh: You people need to GET A LIFE! Nobody cares about your biased postings. You're not gonna recruit any new supporters for McCain. GET OVER IT!!

You need to chill out. Big time. If posts that are biased bother you then ignore them.
    Anonymous

• What is so biased about FACTS?! Please tell us where we are wrong? I don't like Kool-Aid, so I'm going to insist on an actual source! Thank you!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• He, he he!!! I'm glad to see excerpts of my post last night on the Politics Uncensored board making their way around CafeMom! You go "anonymous" girl!!! :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:33 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I agree with Lori. Obama tells us that he's not going to raise taxes on the middle class, but promises to repeal the Bush tax cuts. Well which is it?

He's appealing to Republicans by promising not to raise taxes, while he courts the Democrats by saying he's going to do away with Bush's cuts. You can't have it both ways, so honestly, which of the two does he plan to do? I would truly like to see what some of his supporters say about this, because it doesn't add up to me.

There's a lot of posts about McCain's tax plan and complaints about it, so there must be a reason to favor Obama's over his. Whoever posted this has made it pretty clear that taxes are going up under him if he does away with Bush's cuts, so why is that an appeal to you? And BTW those look like middle class figures to me, 30K/50K single, 60K/75K married.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 2:26 PM on Oct. 25, 2008