Would you ever sell a family heirloom? Not really sure where to put this

If you were going through rough times?

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Shopping

• Nope. They are worth way more then I would ever get paid for them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It would have to be a last resort and I'd try to sell it to someone who would be willing to sell it back to me eventually, if that were an option.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No, never. I have been homeless, and never once considered selling things from my family...

I was watching Pawn Stars the other day and some guy was talking about how his grandmother had passed on these things to him from his grandfather and he wants a new XBox, so he wants to sell them... I was angry for his grandmother, since something tells me she won't ever find out...

If it came down to feeding my children or selling these things, I would consider it because I don't think my family would ever want my children to go hungry, but some of these people who sell this stuff just so they can enjoy the money, really upset me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• guess on what you mean by 'heirloom' I have some nice heirlooms that I wouldn't sell from my family, but I come from a family of Hoarders and you should see some of the 'heirlooms' that my mother has sent me

we still laugh at the metal bird statue that my mom sent. She tried to tell me that it was so special to my grandfather that he had it on his desk for years!

bull- if that had been on his desk for years I would have remembered! I'd never seen it before.

now isn't the day to ask me, I'm going through all my things and sorting things out................

my suggestion is that if you really don't like it or want it, either give it to another family member or find someone that you think will really appreciate it.

good luck!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• pawn perhaps ..... sell? naw...... money comes back. guilt is forever
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Not a chance, don't do it.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If it came that I needed money for my child, I would pawn it without a second thought. As mean as that may be for the people who once held it dear, my son comes first.

lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010