How can I make my own slipcover for a glider and ottoman?

My friend recently gave me her glider and ottoman to use for our second babies nursery. Which I LOVE, but the colors do not match the nursery. We have the fisher price rainforest theme, and the ottoman cushion is burgundy, with an oak finish. The glider is tannish with a darker finish. So I would like to be able to completely cover the ottoman since the wood doesnt match. Also, I can't sew. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to jazz them up a bit?

duhannyellx

Asked by duhannyellx at 5:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Buy fabric and wrap it around the cloth you already have and get a staple gun.. Or you can learn how to hand sew and sew the fabric you want over it
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 7:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You could try buying some fabric that matches and use permanent double sided sticky tape to adhear it to the cushions that are on it now...but that the old fabric off first and just out it on the foam padding? Good luck hun!
    H.I.S.

Answer by H.I.S. at 11:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have no idea! LOL
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I was wondering the same thing cause mine is tan but it has drool & water marks all over it from DS drooling on it and I love it but want to recover it. The double sided tape and stable gun sound good.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010