Yard sale HELP!!!!!

I am having my first yard sale and am at a loss at what to price things. I am selling all of my daughter's baby clothes and alot of other baby items. What would you price the following:
Sleepers
Outfit with pants & shirt
Stuffed animals
Toys

All of her clothes are in good shape and the toys have hardly been touched. I don't want to put too low but then again I want them out of here! HELP!!!!!

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 5:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Decide if the garage sale is to make money or to just get rid of stuff. If its to make money then price a little higher and see what you make. Remember there are stores that buy used clothing and baby stuff so if it doesnt sell at your prices you can always save for the next garage sale and mark it down or take it to the resale shops afterwards, eighter way its a win situation. IF your just wanting to get rid of the items then price it as an offer to good to refuse type deal. also you can base your garage sale price on what shape it is in and how much you actually gave for it. Say you gave 10.00 for a toy and its still brand new then you might want to put a couple of dollars on it..so say 20-25% of the actual price... give or take depending upon opinion. Hope that helps.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 5:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Sleepers............$2-$3
    Outfit with pants & shirt.........$4-$6
    Stuffed animals...........$1-$5 depending on size and shape they are in
    Toys.........$1-$10.....depending on the type

Hope that helps?
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I've gotten clothes at .50-$1.00. I've also pd a little more than that.
    Stuffed animals don't sell well. I donated mine.
    Depends on what the toy is.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 7:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You can always have people make offers.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 9:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Depends on their condition and how affluent a neighborhood you live in. Anywhere from $1-$5.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2010