Is it possible in real life, not in movies for an everyday person to know as much about anatomy as a surgeon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sure, if they take their time to educate themselves, I don't know why not. My mother is a Massage Therapist, she had all the same anatomy classes as many surgeons do. In fact most surgeons are specialized and only know a great deal about one or two areas of the body - like the brain or heart - and not about general anatomy which they only need a basic education about. So yeah, I don't see any reason why someone couldn't carry the same type of education regardless of a Doctorate...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:47 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I was in school to be a vet tech, but we had to take human anatomy along with animal anatomy. I had two semesters of it and still remember most of it. But then again I am kind of a science geek and love that kind of stuff.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 5:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• An everyday person who studies anatomy? Surgeons have taken years of anatomy, hard to compete with that.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 6:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Ahhh....sure, I guess.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• An EMT does.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 7:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• WIth having taken an anatomy class...no way. There is so much you have to know to be a surgeon.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No way does an EMT know more than a surgeon. You don't even have to take an anatomy class to become an EMT.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 10:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm not a surgeon, but I have degrees in sports medicine, exercise physiology, occupational therapy, and I was a paramedic for 8 years! I would say I have a really good knowledge of the human body!

Other than that....registered nurses would be pretty darn close to knowing what doctor's know!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• kbakeman: NewsFlash. You can't call yourself an EMT without taking the classes, because you would not make an accident scene or call safe. My father teaches the classes. I would know. An EMT that takes their job seriously, will know the exact same things about anatomy as a surgeon. Otherwise, they could kill the patient. Think about that next time before answering like that.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 2:18 PM on Oct. 7, 2010