Is it time for a third political party?

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think we need to strip the idea of VP running mates and go back to the way the constitution originally was written, the candidate who received the next largest number of votes becomes Vice President. A better opportunity for checks and balances. When we began giving VP indirect positions (as running mates), it only strengthened to 2 party system...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• In order to win, you have to pander- it does not matter how many parties are involved. The system is broken. No politician should get elected via a process of money (and votes) for favors-that is the system we have in place.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think so. I really wish the Independants ould put up a GOOD canidate. Even if they didn't win, it would be nice if they got the # of votes they needed so the money would be split 3 ways rather than just 2.
    norasmama

Answer by norasmama at 5:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree with Grly, also‚Ķ
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes, Yes, Yes! Imagine, the parties would actually have to work together because there would be no easy majority.
    solamama

Answer by solamama at 6:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes, like yesterday!
    AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 6:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

I kind of like this idea ^^
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think the problem isn't that we need another party. The problem is how the politicians get elected. Money wins elections. They owe favors to the people that give them money. They all cave to special interests once they get elected. Instead of trying to fix the country, they are worried about fund raising, because you need big money to win, that means big money will always have a say. The supreme court decision to let corporations donate unlimited money makes the problem much worse. We should have federal funded elections and the best candidate will win, not the candidate with the most money.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree with Grly too-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010