Not enough time

The guy that got me pregnant is getting out of the military to be able to spend more time with his other child. But he saids he will be too busy getting his life together to be there for our baby. He would rather just send money every month and that be it. He doesnt want his family to know about this baby until at least a year from now and even then he is unsure. (I offered to get a DNA test after the baby is born but we both know there is no way it could another man's baby and he has already accepted it) I feel this is unfair to me, the baby and his mother who seems to really love her grandkids. A part of me doesnt want him to be involved at all cause of how he is acting.
Am I being insensitive? Or is he being a jerk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• He's being a huge jerk. He needs to either be a real man and a real dad or sign off any and all right to the baby. My opinion only, of course.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• JERK
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• What an A$$. Have you asked him why he feels this way? Besides him being busy, I mean after all he wasn't to busy to get you pregnant.
    justme581

Answer by justme581 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• JERK!!!!!!!!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think you should take him to court and make the money part legal. So he has to not just want to pay child support. If he does not want to be apart of the childs life and you are not worried about it , don't worry. Can you get ahold of his mom? If so do it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• One he is being a jerk, two it sounds as if he is married..... I would tell his mother...
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• He's being a jerk. It takes two people to make a baby. You both have equal credit and therefore, responsibility. If he refuses his responsibility, it doesn't just affect him. It also affects this innocent life coming into the world. We all need to be loved. I would tell his mom - that way, your child has at least one more person to love him (or her).
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 6:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Of course he is being a jerk!!!......You need to tell him to "kiss it" and sue his butt for child support and maybe even alimony. Since he is in the military...A call to his Sergeant wouldn't be a bad idea either........You'd be surprised how much THAT helps!.......LOL
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Sounds like he doesn't want to take responsibility for the baby even though it is his. I would ask him why he feels this way and if he continues to act like that take him to court and make sure he pays for the kid. It's his too whether he likes it or not. And I would tell his mom, she deserves to know even if her son is being a jerk.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• So he can send you money each month and you can let his mom know she has another grandbaby. Who said you can't? It seems like he's hiding you and his child, so I think you need to let him go and move on. There's no reason his family doesn't have to be a part of his child's life.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010