what can i do? i feel like i've done everything...this question is for someone who is a little health smart. adult content

I'm really starting to become worried. Last night i went to the ER and they said my colon was impacted and i needed to do an enema. well i did one this morning with no success. I drank coffee, tons of water, ate prunes, salad, miralax and all i've passed was some loose stool. If i had impactment wouldnt it be hard to pass? I called the pharmacy and asked if i could do a second enema and they said i could do another one..so i did..i really had to go but again it was just loose stool seeping though the impaction. What more could i do? should i go back to the ER? My aunt died from this and i'm freaking out.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Health

• Don't you have a regular doctor?

Answer by louise2 at 5:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• this is utterly gross gross gross, but you could manually disimpact? i dont know if thats medically not advised.

that means get the poo out with your fingers. clip your nails and use gloves.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 5:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• redderbedder..i tried that..i know its gross gross gross but this is the health health health section.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i would go to the dr. asap!
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 6:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i dont want to have to go back to the ER because it would be sooo embarrassing for them to have to do that... would an enema loosen my impaction? or would it come out hard? this is my first time doing one? i have no clue.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I can't believe the hosp didn't unpack you. You can take up to 3 fleets with mineral oil in one day and it will loosen up tho I know it doesn't seem like it at this time. That is such an uncomfortable situation to be in. I know. Good luck hon........make sure your fleets has mineral oil, that is what will make you go........trust me it will and if not.....go back to the hosp and tell them they need to help you.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 6:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i've already been to the dr and she told me to take miralax!!!! the ER suggested going to a GI specialist but they said to go back if i don't have a bm. does seepake count as a bm?
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• oops..i meant..does "seepage" (the loose stuff) count? or does my stool have to be hard for it to count as a bm? i am so frustrated
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Do you feel the mass? The watery stool will not count as a true BM.. It is just the liquid from the enema moving past the mass.. When you tried to remove it yourself did you feel anything?
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:32 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• go to the health food store and get a really good probiotic and take 2 an hour for a day.
    avoid dairy and red meat!!!!!!
    keep eating your green veggies, broccoli, swiss chard and kale are great!
    eat brown rice daily.
    keep in touch with your dr.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010