How do you pack up a house?

I'm leaving to go overseas!

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Travel

• I just try to get rid of things I know for sure I won't need but the rest I let the movers pack things. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It is very daunting but can be done. Start with items in one room that you do not use on a daily basis. Leave out anything that you will be needing up until then and leave boxes behind for those items. Make sure to set aside items that you will be needing to take with you during the move as well. Just go from room to room and make sure you mark what is in every box. Tape them up tight, bottom and top. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• have a big ass moving sale, donate a bunch of shit to goodwill/needy family, toss a bunch of shit and only take what you really need. or, if its a temp thing overseas, get one of those pod things and put everything in there
    racergirl7

Answer by racergirl7 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Start with one room..go one at a time..Sell what u want, get rid of some and keep what u need and LABEL LABEL LABEL!! good luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• One room at a time
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• boxes maybe ummmm
    cook224

Answer by cook224 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I pack it room by room. trying to catagorize it any other way never really worked.
    When I would wonder where something was, I always remembered the room I saw it in last, so boxes with room name on it seems best, and the packing goes faster.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You may want to try asking this in travel. You'll probably get more people who've done this in a section that's not reserved for questions about this website.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would do the following: 1.have a garage sale 2. donate what is left over 3. hire a moving company - they are professionals and have liability incase they break something. If you try to do it yourself or have yoru friends help you, you may just injure yourself and loos some friends if incase they break something, I hired a moving company when I moved from state to state and it was worth every penny! Good Luck!

Ahealthyskin

Answer by Ahealthyskin at 8:39 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Rent a storage unit.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 7, 2010