FAVORED TOYS???

my daughter age 6 has 2 toys that i so want to throw out or even burn up...lol wow that sounds mean...but omg no matter how much i wash it they stink like hell she puts the one in her mouth and every time i see her she has the 2 toys glued to her hands...i am always telling her to put this toys away cuz she can do things when holding this toys...if she only had this in bed i would not care but if we go out she sneaks this out the house...last thing i want is for her to lose it every time they go MIA its a mission here looking for it... one is a bean bear named beary and one is a pink (was pink now its a off pink color) named peggy she has had this for about 5yrs now...
after 5yrs i don't know if she is ever going to be able to part from it...if anyone has or had a child that had a favored toy did they ever grow out of it...??? if your kids have a toy like this do you mind it or what???

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 6:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe you can make a special spot for them, somewhere in her room, so she can see them but not get them more worn out. Tell her they are tired now and need to rest, but then you don't have to throw them away.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• Both my kids had special stuffed animals. Each of them clung to these critters like they were life itself and yes, they did eventually outgrow their attachment. I still have them (washed and packed away) and I will present them to each of my kids when they go off to college.
    Anonymous

• My son has had some toys he really liked but they never got gross and I washed them a lot.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:02 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• my dd had toys like that but i kept them clean so it wasnt an issue. try to introduce new toys that are like the ones she got since they all dirty now you dont want her to get an infection in the mouth.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• its not like filthy i was this damn toys alllllll the time and no new toys will do i have done everything...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• MY DAUGHTER HAS A FAVORITE PILLOW SHE HAS HAD IT SINCE SHE WAS 2 AND ALL I CAN DO IS WASH IT AND MAKE SURE IT DOSENT GET ALL OVER THE FLOOR
    liyah317

Answer by liyah317 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2010