Help me in law invasion!!!

Sil is seriously considering moving here from PA with hubby no kids....but for some un known reason thinks she is my 2yo's MOM....her hubby has a job interview here next week, and they are even staying here for a night..can I just move to Texas or something???

3angels23

Asked by 3angels23 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• you tell HER THE RULES OF YOUR HOME before hand and that it is your home and things are done your way...don't stay quiet cuz if not she will walk all over you..and when it comes to YOUR CHILD you let her know that she is the aunt NOT AND NEVER HIS MOTHER...those are big shoes to fill and nobody can fill them...stand your ground...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 6:21 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• ink-freak pretty much said it.. Dont allow her to walk all over you
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have no idea what I would do . Sorry.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes, we would love to have you:) lol Yikes, sounds like a painful problem. Best thing to do is if they do actually move close by, set the ground rules immediately, you AND your husband, on how she is to NOT tell YOUR child what they can or can't do. That has to be established right from the beginning, because it will only get worse the longer they live there. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You have to put your foot down. If she tries to mother your child without being asked, simply tell her "I've got this covered, thanks for trying to help but (s)he'll listen to me better since I'm his/her mom."
    I had to do the same thing with my sister, she's married but has no children. Instead of trying to mother my daughter, she would constantly question my parenting until I told her that unless she stopped questioning every decision I made, I wouldn't want to spend any time with her, which would affect the amount of time she got to spend with my daughter. That put a stop to it!!!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:26 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Your husband is going to be the only one to get it across to her without it being like you attacking her... since it is his sister. But I understand -- I would be all kind of pissed off if she thought she was gonna move near me and thinking my child was her own. There needs to be rules and guidelines... bc eventually you never know what kinds of craziness she may start with your in law or getting in between you and your husband's relationship in any way..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Here is the goods news, just remember she is going home!!!! "HUGS"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2010