Is potty training in sight?

My daughter turns 3 next week and i always heard girls were easier but my daughter is just stubborn. She knows when she has to go, she knows where to go but she just doesnt. She will bring you a diaper when she needs to be changed and sometime will even try to change herself. She hates to be wet or yucky but i just dont know whatelse to do. I put her in underware at home and keep taking her when i go but i just thought she would have this dow by now. Any tips on something i havent tried yet?

babemakes4

Asked by babemakes4 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is she the only child? If she has a younger sibling, she may be trying to get attention. Bribe her! Stickers, candy, toys...

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• In another post, one mom suggested that you take away the number one thing that the child likes. I think a gameboy was the example she used. She put it in sight but up where the child could not get it. Then she told the child he/she could use it once they started using the potty. This should be done calmly and lovingly and, obviously, should only be used when the child is practically there like your child.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My 2 1/2 year old acts the same way. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• My daughter was the same way and what we ended up doing was getting rid of ALL the diapers and taking lots of changes of clothes and underwear to daycare for a week in case of any accidents and after about a week of pure Hell, it was literally like one day she woke up and she never had an accident again. I swear it was the craziest thing I've ever experienced. Her daycare teacher is the one that suggested it and I felt terrible about it at first, but it really did work!!!!!
    Patesmom

Answer by Patesmom at 3:47 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thanks for all the tips. She has a 10 yr old brother so no she isnt the only child but i know its not to get attention she has plenty of that. I just dont know how to get it to sink in.
    babemakes4

Comment by babemakes4 (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• keep puttin her on the potty
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2010