How do i stop the sibling fighting?

my 17yr old is always hitting on my 11yr old. I keep talking to the 17yr about hitting himcause one day he might hurt him

buttssyl000

Asked by buttssyl000 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would ground the 17 year old. He is old enough to know better and should not be hitting. If he has a phone I would take it, if he plays video games I would take them away. I think you need to take control of this situation.

If that does not work then I would try and talk with the 17 year old. take him out and ask him what the problem is. Listen to what he has to say and see if you can come to some solution.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You could ask the 17 yo to teach the 11yo something that they are really good at. Will give them a chance to bond. It is hard to say though depends on where the hitting is coming from.
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 6:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You can tell him that he can go to jail if the 11 yr old gets injuries and the school contacts CPS...My daughter was 17 when she punched her then 14 yr old sister in the face...CPS showed up at my door because the school reported an "unexplainable Injury" they interviewed the family and told my 17 yr old that if they really wanted to they could press assault charges on her...she hasn't touched any of her siblings since!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:30 AM on Oct. 9, 2010