Do any body else have any complications during pregnancy??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 6:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ahhh well with Jackson (my first) I had gallstones throughout pregnancy and 6 weeks after having him I had kidney stones too. They could never diagnose me with it even though the MRI tech wrote "Gallstones" I had my gallbladder removed once diagnosed 6 months after having him. Now I have a side effect of no gallbladder called Bile Salt Diarrhea....basicaly it's when many who get their gallbladder removed get severe stomach cramps and diarrhea from pretty much eating or drinking anything....sometimes water will trigger it. TMI........Basicaly you poop bile...looks like neon yellow jello. My aunt had hers removed 22 years ago and still gets it daily. I had mine removed 6 years ago and I get it about twice a month, but it used to be daily for years
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes, several with my first and second. it is common to have complications, most people have atleast one during their pregnancy. what complications are you having?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Sure, I'm a type 2 diabetic, so lots of doctors, pills and insulin....had a c-section with both, first because of complications from my induction, 2nd because of the first and complications from it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My gallbladder isnt working and has caused severe galstones that can leave my gallbladder and my kidney is enflamed and that is on top of all the other problems I had before pregnancy
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my complications consisted of never feeling my baby move..so i had to go to the hospital 3x a week for 1 hr and get hooked up to a fetal heart monitor..to make sure things were ok
    and i had to get bloodwork done once a week..
    and instead of going once a month to see the dr, i had to go once a week to see her..soo yaaa i was at the hospital 4 x a week!! i also had to stop working, because i was verry dizzy my whole pregnancy, and they were scared i would faint or blackout (i did once at work, after that they wouldnt let me go back)

luckily everything was ok on all my appts..

tuesday morning(530am) i woke up having lil contractions.. but i was fine..then wed i had my regular appt for fetal monitoring (at8am), they saw i was having contractions, so they kept me there..they induced me at 10am, broke my water at noon, induced me again at 330..i wasnt progessing AT ALL, 9pm they gave me an epidural, at midnight they decided
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• cont...that i was gonna have to have a c section...but then my dr left, and didnt come back for
    an hour..(turns out she went for a nap) then when she came back they had to call in the
    dr to perform the c section..he didnt get there til 4am..and she was born at
    431am..and then more complications arrived, she had pnemonia, a whole in her lung
    and the group b strep infection...turns out it was because i went to long fromthe time the
    broke my water, to the time she was born..once your water breaks, youre SUPPOSED to have
    your baby within 12 hours..i went 14.5!! so yaa she had to be hooked up to an IV for 7 days,
    in an incubator for 4 days..it was nothing life threatening..but still...not a fun way
    to start out motherhood for the first time!! but shes 6 now, and as healthy as can be :)
    alexis_06

• I had preeclampsia and placenta abruption with my first and have preeclampsia with my current pregnancy.
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• With DD1 I bled on and off for the first 4 months of pregnancy and was told multiple times that I was miscarrying. Needless to say, she was perfect and still is. She was breech, though, so I had to have a c-section.
    I then had two miscarriages and found out that I have a clotting disorder, so with DD2, I took injections of blood thinners 2x/day in my stomach. I ended up with kidney infections and kidney stones while pregnant, which was horribly painful. I also threw up constantly and lost 15 pounds during pregnancy. Again, had to have scheduled c-section due to blood thinners. Baby is perfect, but pregnancy was awful.
    Patesmom

Answer by Patesmom at 11:58 AM on Oct. 7, 2010