Unemployment in California question

can you file unemployment if you quit your job? I'm asking because my boyfriend is working a job where he drives a car all day, if the car is broken down he doesnt get paid. So the car has been broken down before for about 2 weeks about 4 months ago and now its broken down again and has been for about a week. We are tired of this, we live paycheck to paycheck and I cant afford it alone. So we are thinking about going on unemployment somehow. Is it possible if he quit?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Usually, no, you don't qualify for unemployment if you quit, unless you can prove somehow you were being discriminated against or harrassed.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I do not think so, sorry. Good luck !!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You can try but I highly doubt it. =[

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I honestly don't think you can get unemployment if you quit. My Friend had to leave her job because she didn't have a babysitter. She tried to collect unemployment, but they said she didn't qualify. Have you ever thought about working from home to make extra money? I work from home, and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 19 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• No, you can't get unemployment if you quit.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2010