why are men so terrible with directions?

my hubby is on his way home from a business trip 6 hours away, it was an overnight thing so he made the exact same drive yesterday. we have made the drive together several times.
well he calls me and says he was in la-la land and missed the turn off for the interstate that leads him southeast. and thus he had to take a backwoodsy road from there to home, and still had about 3 hours left of the trip lol!
i thought it was funny and cute in a way that he called me to navigate him from the phone. i know he made a careless mistake but it's still funny and i'm trying to keep the teasing level down. he still hasn't made it home yet. lol, poor guy.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because they assume they are masters of the universe and don't need any help
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm the one bad w/ directions. My DH used to be a truck driver so he is pretty darn good w/ directions.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 7:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My dh was a truck driver at one time and is awesome with directions he can look at a map and tell what is the best way to take and then remember it without looking again
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• hence a favorite quote of mine, from under seige 2, "Assumption is the mother of all F%$@ ups"
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• they think they dont need any stinking directions.they think they know every thing.
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my dh never gets lost, i do tho lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm the one that gets lost...my hubby is good with directions
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My dh is awesome with directions. He can even tall how many redlights till your turn off. IF all else fails, we have navigation in the car.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My husband is the complete opposite...he's a human compass! I'm pretty good too! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010