daughter is having accidents

My daughter is 5 almost 6 and is still having small daytime accidents,she had surgery this summer to fix her uriter reflux,so I know that is part of it,But she never wakes at night to use the bathroom and is always soaked! I guess i'm wondering how old is too old to wet the bed? I know some kids do it occasionally but..... when do you start to worry?

jmlsmom

Asked by jmlsmom at 6:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It varies widely when children will be dry at night. My kids were around 8 and my brothers and I were 8- 10 years old.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like it's a medical problem and not necessarily an emotional one. I would check back with your ped to see what's "normal" for a child that has had that surgery. It may be common or she may need something else done. Either way, try to stay positive and supportive. I am sure she's embarrassed too....
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If she has had issues and surgery, I would talk to the dr asap, something could be wrong so she is not able to stop it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• yea talk with the dr to stop this now
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:17 AM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Start to worry by age 12. Some kids just take longer for that night time training. We had our girl in pull ups until she was 8. She's just a hard sleeper. Then, she decided she was done with pull ups and we haven't had a problem since. I talked to A LOT of people during that time, and many either had kids or they themselves, had bed wetting trouble until 12.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• I THINK THAT SHE NEEDS A LIGHT LEFT ON IN THE BATHROOM AND MAYBE SOME PLASTIC UNDER SHEET I THINK THAT IF SHE WAS 7AND UP IT WOULD BE A PROBLEM THEN BUT AS FOR NOW MAYBE TRYNA TO MAKE SURE SHE NOTHING ELSE TO DRINK AN HOUR BEFORE BED AND MAYBE A LITTLE TALK MIGHT HELP HER OUT
    liyah317

Answer by liyah317 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2010