If your kid's eyes changed from blue to brown, was the process gradual and when was it set in stone?

I honestly can't tell you what color my youngest's eyes are. When people ask I say "miscellaneous?" lol. She was born with dark blue eyes like my other two daughters, both of which still have blue eyes (except middle has a tiny ring of green in them), and at around 4 months they started to change to green, but a very dark green like emerald maybe or jade. I asked at her 6 month check up (yes, I actually asked my doctor what color her eyes are) and she said she wasn't sure, they kind of looked hazel. She's now 8 months and they look like a light brown, honey colored maybe. Her cousin who is 3 had that color as a baby and now her eyes are chocolate brown. Daddy has brown, almost black eyes, which means nothing because our middle has blue eyes still at almost 2 years old. Just curious, when is the eye color set? And, if their eyes changed to brown, when did it start happening?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• D's eyes turned brown a few weeks ago he is now 5 months old...and they are beautiful!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2010

• oh, and my eyes are blue. if that counts for anything idk.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• They say that by the age of 2 that will be there eye color.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• for my DD and my sister they had grey eyes (like mine) and both of them had them turn at 3-3 1/2 my DD's changed to hazel and my sisters changed to brown
    snowbear74

Answer by snowbear74 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Ive heard all kinds of age ranges but all being under 2. BUT the thing is I grew up with blue eyes most of my childhood and around middle school they changed from Blue to greenish brown. I'm really not sure what to think about that. My eyes change shades also but have pretty much stayed a greenish brown now.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 6, 2010