Spelling for dummies????

Why do some of the women on this site get ignorant and rude towards you if you spell something wrong?I noticed someone wrote in an answer to a girl's question about laying on her stomach during pregnancy, that she knows she can't spell and doesn't wanna hear about it.I can't spell the best either,and I hate when these women make fun of me for it like I'm stupid!I know what I'm talking about when I post advice or an answer to someone's question or I wouldn't post at all (sometimes we just post opinions and everyone's entitled to them, right?) and I have a friggin Master's degree for goodness sake I just can't always spell everything perfectly and don't always have the time to go look up the correct spelling of a word or sometimes I just naturally type in slang when I'm on here (so what).

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 9:49 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• Thank you so much for speaking up. Lately the attitude of some is so smug, it is just high school all over again.Lighten up ladies.Peace Out..........
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• becasue they simply have nothing better to do with their time, than sit and put other people down for things that shouldn't even matter....what should matter is what is going on around them!! :)
    brice08

Answer by brice08 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• If anyone if concerned about thier spelling or gammar, all you need to do prior to posting your question or answer, just hit the spell check option before you finalize your comments or question, this site will do the work for you. Don't feel stupid, just because someone else addresses in that manner. Perhaps they are the one that is stupid, or they just lack self confience in thereselves so they must point out your errors.
    lookn4trulov

Answer by lookn4trulov at 10:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Some of these women on this site are like voltures!.... Aren't we all suppose to be on here to help each other and give advice, not make each other feel bad? I'm confused.... No smart A*s answers please... Let's start showing each other respect. Thank you.

marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 10:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't feel stupid. I just think it's pathetic to try and make others feel stupid for minor errors. And half the time the ones who do it post anonymous. It's just ridiculus.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 10:32 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• It's not the typos and spelling errors that piss me off (we all do those).  It's the posts that are so bad you can't even read them!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Are my posts so bad you can't even read them? I think not. I'm talking about the women who poke fun over a simple typo that's obvious what it was meant to be or a mispelled word that can still be made out... and then they don't even have the nerve to not post anonymously.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 10:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Boredome probably. But I've noticed in a few of the attacks on people who misspell, their responses have misspellings, what does that say about the point they're trying to make?! I think they're just people who are out to try and make themselves feel better. If I can make out what they're saying I'll answer it. I wouldn't let them bother you, then they win.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I hate to say this, but I think some post anonymous for that reason, and that's not intended to those of you who are afraid of stalkers, etc. Some want to be nasty but want to hide their identity so others can't pm them. As for me, I might go anon if I'm embarrassed (spelled right?) about the question or my own answer, but I don't hide behind it to bash. That's just cowardly. If you're gonna be nasty, at least show who you are! As for spelling, I consider myself a fairly good speller, but my backspace key always gets a good workout, lol.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Sometimes when I ask questions they are very mean like I wanted some advice I started selling avon to make some extra cash and they just said it's up to you I was for our wedding and I am just rude back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Oct. 27, 2008