question about crocheting baby slippers...stitching up the back?

a pattern I have goes in rounds to extend the slipper to desired length, then you basically stitch up the back and SC in rounds to finish them up. Only way I can think of to stitch up the back is slip stitches...but it looks so pinched. Looks like it would pinch the backs of the feet. if you are familiar with this type of pattern for slippers mind sharing some tips to stitch up the back? Or do you mind sharing a pattern with me that doesnt have that bulkiness in the back?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 7:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• There are several ways to stitch the backs together. You should be able to use a needle to do so, take an extra length of thread, turn it inside out, draw through each SC going over and under so the hand stitching looks like a V, it will result in a flat seam. draw it tight and finish it off. You may have to try a couple of times before you get it right.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2010