how long do you let your kids stay in the bath for?

my kids are 5 and 2.5 and I bathe them and wash their hair and them I let them play with the bathroom door open so that I can hear them (they take a bath together) and then I go on the computer or do dishes why they play if they are quiet I check on them, but normally they aren't quiet lol. A friend of mine have a 9 year old and a 7 year old. She makes them stay in the bath for at least 20 minutes she says that they aren't clean enough otherwise, but she don't let them stay in no longer than 20 minutes either. I don't see anything wrong with it, my 2.5 year old is normally wanting out after 15-20 minutes of playing, but my 5 year old however will stay in as long as an hour lol. As long as they are out by the time she has to go to bed (because of school) I don't see the problem in staying in the tub lol. Do you limit the bathtime?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 4 YO will stay in for over an hour. She loves the tub. I too get things done while she's in there. I can hear her the entire time, and make frequent checks of course.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my daughter is almost 3 i let her play in the bathtub for as long as she wants, which isn't normally any longer than 30 min. i let her play and then i let her take her shower right before she gets out (she has VERY sensitive skin and it helps keep rashes and infections away)
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I kis would stay in there for hours if I let them . They turn into prunes. But a minimum of 30min each.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 5:12 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• DS is only 9mos and he stays in long enough for me to wash him then have a few splashes then it is time to get out!
    Amanda_82

Answer by Amanda_82 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• DD5 sometimes has a quickie (literally 5 minutes - wash body, wash hair, rinse & out) and other times will play for 20 minutes or so while I clean the bathroom. We're still potty training, so staying in the tub without direct supervision has proven to be a mistake! LOL
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 9:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2010