Spelling for dummies????

Why do some of the women on this site get ignorant and rude towards you if you spell something wrong? I noticed someone wrote in an answer to a girl's question about laying on her stomach during pregnancy, that she knows she can't spell and doesn't wanna hear about it... I can't spell the best either... and I hate when these women make fun of me for it like I'm stupid! I know what I'm talking about when I post advice or an answer to someone's question or I wouldn't post at all (sometimes we just post opinions and everyone's entitled to them, right?) and I have a friggin Master's degree for goodness sake I just can't always spell everything perfectly and don't always have the time to go look up the correct spelling of a word or sometimes I just naturally type in slang when I'm on here (so what)

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 9:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Some of these women on this site are like voltures!.... Aren't we all suppose to be on here to help each other and give advice, not make each other feel bad? I'm confused.... No smart A*s answers please... Let's start showing each other respect. Thank you.
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 9:51 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Because the majority of them live behind the anonymous so that the can act all tough and mean and rude to everyone. I figured this, by day, they are the bible toters of the world, and on here, they let their real self out!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I agree. Even if there are misspellings and typos and someone is getting their point across, then what is the issue?

I think that it is just a way to attack someone and gain cheap satisfaction out of it.

Some just have that pathetic of a life.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:02 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I hate the anonymous button. I think it's awful. Show your face. For the record, my best friend has a master's degree in special ed, plus her teaching certificate, plus who knows what other degrees and she misspells and typos all the time. Sometimes I tease her a little because spelling comes naturally to me, but then, she knows math makes my head spin, hee hee. Don't let people who attack you make you feel bad. We all understand "typonese" lol.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:06 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• They make a big deal about it because there is a spell checker on here that you can use before you post. It only bothers me when the spelling is so bad that it is hard to read!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 10:16 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Good point, I can spell well but don't always take the time too (typos) Some people are just nitpicky. I just say sorry I dont have all day to make sure my gramer is correct, I do have children to take care of. :o)
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 12:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2008